In all of the ups and downs of infertility, the one very painful lesson for me has been patience. Never does the scheduling, timing, or length of the current process work to your advantage or fast enough for you. It's always just hurry up and wait. I have learned to accept taking it one step at a time, or as I have come to ironically think of it, baby steps. Focus on the next step, the next shot, the next doctor's appointment. Big picture thinking just makes for a lot of frustration!
After a lot of discussion, internet research and a several emails to clinics, Bob and I set up a conference call with Dr. Kaushal at the Rotunda clinic in Mumbai this morning. We woke up at 5:45am and made the 6:00am call. It was 3:30pm in India.
I should clarify that Bob and I are looking for a gestational carrier. We will use our own embryos and have them transferred to surrogate. We make healthy embryos, my body just doesn't seem to have the ability to carry them.
We had gleaned a mass of information from the internet and basically had it all validated by Dr. Kaushal over the phone. She was friendly and understanding. She was clear and easily understood.
We will wire a fee of $704US (28,000 rupees) this afternoon. This fee will pay for advertising and screening of a surrogate. Dr. Kaushal felt that we will have a match in approximately four weeks. Once there is a match, she will send us a dossier and picture of the surrogate. It will take 6-8 weeks for a syncing of cycles (the surrogate's cycle to mine). I will go to Mumbai for stimulation and egg retrieval, staying in Mumbai for approximately 15 days.
This is so fast, SO FAST! What happended to the baby steps?
Bob and I are so excited and scared. A surro in India? This is surreal...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi,
I had sent you a pm in ivf connections surrogacy blog.
Post a Comment