Monday, July 28, 2008

Gone Fishing!

Thank you all for your heartfelt posts, phone calls and support. I can't tell you how less alone in my sadness it has made me feel. To have so many understand and reach out is a real comfort to us.

We have seven frozen embryos in India. Those embryos are frozen in two 'straws'; three in one and four in the other. The plan is to defrost one straw, determine how many embryos made it through the thaw and then make the decision to defrost the other or not. Essentially, we could have two shots at a frozen embryo cycle, or just one.

We have decided to wait a while to do those transfers. Bob and I started our journey in January 2004 with an ectopic pregnancy and it seems like it has been a non-stop slide through treatments since. We need to have a bit of healing before we undertake more.

I am thirty-six years old as of this September. We have always felt this time pressure to beat the biological clock. Since we will not consider any further cycling after these frozen embryo cycles, we don't feel the rush anymore. The embryos are there, my egg quality doesn't matter anymore. Time is our friend again and we can enjoy the luxury, so we are going to hang up our "Gone Fishing" sign and relax for a bit.

There is an extremely new board that has been started for those of you interested in researching a trip of your own to India to pursue a surrogacy. I will be on that board answering questions and supporting others in their journey. The link is http://surrogacyindia.forum5.com/index.php?mforum=surrogacyindia.

Thank you and we will post again when we decide to move forward.

8 comments:

JW Moxie said...

I am so sorry to read of your negative result. I hope that within your break, you are able to regroup and reenergize before doing an FET in India.

I am thrilled to find your blog. I am a gestational surrogate (who has also overcome infertility). I have a dear friend who will be traveling to India to cycle at Dr. Patel's clinic. She has been looking for people following the same journey, at least so she can read the experiences of others.

I'm an experienced GS who has also overcome my own fertility battles. I am a contributing editor for a common blog called "Bridges" and I cover the surrogacy category. One of the things I have to do is write articles about surrogacy, but I also feature posts from and link to other bloggers. May I include you on my blog roll (which will also be linked on the site) and also include some of your posts about your surrogacy experience? The website is still under construction, but it is open for operation:
www.awarenessbridges.blogspot.com.

I look forward to reading more about your Indian surrogacy journey, and I hope that you are met with nothing but success for your next transfer!

Phoenix said...

Lisa and Nik,

I am so glad to hear you have frozen embies. When your hearts heal you will forge ahead, and your babies will be be born.

We love you and thank you for sharing your good selves with us who follow in your footsteps.

Amani
Australia xxx

Phoenix said...

I am such a dick. I called Bob, Nik. Nik is Lisa from Australia's hubby. My apologies (hiding under my chair now).

Mommy said...

Amani,

You are too funny! All the Lisa's now are confusing--I knew exactly what you meant! THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I am so sorry I didn't reply to your earlier...was caught up in my own b.s. I am so upset to hear about your BFN. However, you sound like an amazing person with a wonderful attitude. And you have so many frozens, that is amazing.

I will continue to follow your story, wherever it leads......

Sunshine24

Anonymous said...

Wow, in reading your posts I can feel the emotions as if they are yesterday. I wish you the best in your "fishin" endeavour which Im sure is much needed. I appreciate your post as, surrogacy is something I am just embarking on. I have been putting it off, because well,it seems like yesterday that I was in the web of researching IVF clinics, stressing over decisons, praying for results. I finally overcame that struggle but have a decison to make about frozen embryos and we think surrogacy may be the best option. So in just starting this process it is comforting to hear the words of others...thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

You need to get your snow babies!!!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy, Happy New Year. Always in my heart.